Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cafe Cuba - Closed before it opened?

Drove by what is/was supposed to be the Cafe Cuba space which was slated to take over the former Betsy's Back Porch coffee house today and noticed a "for sale" sign in two of the windows. I couldn't help but notice that they took down the "Coming Soon" sign quite some time ago as well. Looks like they had been putting a lot of time and effort into the place, but maybe it folded as a result. I'm not sure though. I need to do some digging. It will be a huge disappointment if it isn't going to open, though. I was looking forward to having some good (hopefully) Cuban food near by. I guess it's still Victor's for me for the time being...

Anyone out there know anything about the situation?

3 comments:

kat said...

We were really bummed when we saw that too. It would have been nice to have a new place to eat so close to the house

Unknown said...

Yeah, this is in my neighborhood and I was disappointed too. For more details, check out our news story on it at Heavy Table!

http://heavytable.com/cafe-cuba-for-sale

HungryinSW said...

Thanks for digging in, saves me a bit of time! I want some Cuban in our 'hood. Maybe the buyout will happen and we'll get it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails